1. The promoter is: Scottish Ballet. Registered in Scotland Number SCO65497. Registered Charity Number SCO08037.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged X years or over except employees of Scottish Ballet and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via the October 2017 e-newsletter, sent Wednesday 4 October 2017, 17:00 (BST).
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for Glasgow entry will be 17:00 (BST) Thursday 5 October 2017. Closing date for Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness entry will be 17:00 (BST Monday 9 October 2017. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Entrants must read the text / watch video on this page then email their answer to ‘How does Sophie Martin describe the character of The Fairy?’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the entry to qualify, the entrant must include the name of the city they would like to win tickets for in the subject field of their entry email. For example, if the entrant would like to enter the draw to win tickets to Stravinsky in Aberdeen at His Majesty’s Theatre, they must include ‘Aberdeen’ in the subject field. Only correct answers will qualify.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
4 x prizes
Prize 1 - 2 x tickets to Stravinsky at Theatre Royal, Glasgow, on a date specified by Scottish Ballet. (Between 6 – 7 October 2017)
Prize 2 – 2 x tickets to Stravinsky at Festival Theatre, Edinburgh, on a date specified by Scottish Ballet. (Between 11 – 13 October 2017)
Prize 3 - 2 x tickets to Stravinsky at His Majesty‘s Theatre, Aberdeen, on a date specified by Scottish Ballet. (Between 24 – 25 October 2017)
Prize 4 - 2 x tickets to Stravinsky at Eden Court, Inverness, on a date specified by Scottish Ballet. (Between 3 – 4 November 2017)
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen:
By a member of the Scottish Ballet Sales & Marketing team.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or phone within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Scottish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.