What standard of dance is expected?
There is no set standard for Junior Associates but children should show an aptitude for movement, co-ordination, a sense of rhythm and lots of personality. Children applying for Junior Associates are automatically offered an audition. Mid Associates should have previous dance experience and should have reached approximately Grade 3 level. Senior Associates should be at approximately Intermediate standard and have some pointe work experience.
Entry to the Programme is dependent on their academic year, not their age.
- Junior Associates should be entering P6 or P7 in September 2018.
- Mid Associates should be entering S1 or S2 in September 2018.
- Senior Associates should be entering S3 S4 or S5 in September 2018.
Please note it is not possible to apply for a programme unless you are in the appropriate academic year e.g. a student entering S3 in September 2018 is not eligible to apply for Mid Associates.
Do children have to re-audition the following year?
- Junior Associates are normally offered a second year on the programme.
- Mid and Senior Associates re-audition every year.
Do children need to have previously been a Junior Associate to audition for the Mid Associate programme, or have been a Mid Associate to audition for the Senior Associate programme?
No, all are welcome to audition.