YOUTH EXCHANGE FUNDRAISER EVENT
2.00 – 4.00pm, Sunday 14 July
Darrell Studio, Tramway
Join us for an afternoon of dance, in support of Scottish Ballet’s Youth Exchange.
The event will include a number of performances:
- Scottish Ballet’s Youth Exchange with choreography by Lorraine Jamieson
- Dancers from EgriBianco Danza and Balletto Teatro di Torino in works choreographed by their respective artistic directors, Rafael Bianco and Viola Scaglioni
- Scottish Ballet Elders Company with choreography by Sara Kemal
- and selections of a work in progress performed by the combined Youth Exchange groups, choreographed by Scottish Ballet’s Artist in Residence, Choreographer, Sophie Laplane.
There will also be a raffle, a silent auction, and refreshments with all proceeds going towards Scottish Ballet’s Youth Exchange trip to Torino in October. During the trip, the Youth Exchange dancers and their Italian partners will perform at the internationally renowned Torino Danza Festival, on 20 October.
Youth Exchange 2018/19
This is an ambitious and inspirational programme for young dancers aged from 15-25 years. It provides a unique opportunity, unparalleled in the UK, to develop their dance and personal skills within the environment of a professional dance company.
Involvement provides participants with a wealth of artistic, professional and cultural experiences, whilst also contributing towards their preparation for a career in the dance industry.
The Youth Exchange is an opportunity to:
- develop dance skills, technique and creativity
- work with other Scottish-based dancers and dance organisations
- experience a different culture and dance training in that culture
- be part of a company, sharing experiences and supporting each other
- develop self-confidence make a strong connection with Scotland’s national dance company
- learn more about the many roles and opportunities available in the dance profession
We underestimated how much Jennifer would get out of the Youth Exchange. It has provided more than just dance, it has given her positive role models and a focus on what she wants to do. We will be ever grateful for all the work that the Education department do. Participant Parent