What is Scottish Ballet Youth Exchange?
SB’s Youth Exchange is an ambitious dance programme for young dancers aged 14-24.
This programme will prepare you for a career in the dance industry and offer you the chance to meet young dancers from all over the world, travel and work together as a company.
‘This project taught me so much that I’m going to take into my future career. I think it came at a pivotal moment in my training and prepared me so well for my move to London. Not only did it refine my class etiquette, but it gave me an insight into professional work and how to work within it. I learned that no matter what you are doing to always work at 150%, as you never know what is around the corner.’Youth Exchange Dancer, 2018/2019
As part of the project, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work together as a company and create strong connections with other young dancers
- Experience new cultures and work with young dancers from all over the world
- Perform in original dance works created by national and international choreographers
- Develop technical and creative training through weekly contemporary and ballet classes at Scottish Ballet
- Work with Scottish Ballet dancers and learn repertoire
- Develop entrepreneurial and leadership skills, and be an ambassador for Scottish Ballet and the Youth Exchange programme
- Create your own fundraising event with support from Scottish Ballet’s expert teams
- Take part in intensives and experience different artists’ approaches to movement
- Develop a deeper understanding of your artistry and create close connections with young people internationally.
Youth Exchange is an exciting opportunity for young dancers to learn at the cutting edge of dance innovation and work closely with music, technology and film industry specialists. The programme offers an in-depth career development experience, providing a comprehensive insight into the dance industry.