Play your part in our new ballet, the first ever Snow Queen to tour Scotland.
Costumes bring life and colour to a ballet, transporting you to a place of wonder.
For The Snow Queen, Olivier Award-winning designer Lez Brotherston has created spectacular designs, rich in detail and icy sparkle. Our expert wardrobe team will bring their labour of love and craftsmanship to the costumes unravelling rolls of velvet, tulle, satin, and sequins, and 120 meters of trim.
We need your help to ensure:
- 51 rolls of fabric – just over 1,300 metres - will be used to cut our costumes
- 5kg worth of tulle, satin, silk and velvet, ornamented with Swarovski crystals, sequins, and jewels will make the Snow Queen's lavish cape
- 2,500 jewels will be hot stoned for the Ringmaster's coat
- A hand drawn transparent bodysuit will be created for Strong Man's unique costume
- Frosted mirrored headdresses will be delicately made for the Snow Flakes
- Beastly masks will be produced for the Wolves of the Forest
By supporting The Snow Queen Costume Appeal, you are bringing a new ballet to life that will remain part of our winter season repertoire for years to come, creating costumes fit for a Queen.