I would like to use the closed captions, how can I do this?
The instructions for using closed captions on a desktop computer/laptop are as follows:
- If using Zoom’s embedded Closed Captions feature, closed captions will appear live at the bottom of the screen on Zoom.
- These will be interrupted by anything typed by audience members in the chat box, so we recommend that you access them via an external link provided.
- Our captioner will post the link to the external caption site in the Zoom chat box, which you can open in another window on the device you are joining us with, or open on a separate device.
When you open the link the instructions are as follows:
- By clicking the Text on Top icon at the top left-hand side, a drop-down menu will appear. Selecting the first option allows viewers to change the size and colour of the text.
- Selecting the ‘FLOAT’ option enables viewers to view overlaid captions of 1-2 lines. The box can be dragged and positioned anywhere on the screen as suits.
I would like to use the BSL interpreter’s services you are offering for this event, how can I do this?
If you will be using our BSL interpreter’s services and want to be able to adjust the size of the interpreter image on your screen, please follow the instructions for a desktop computer/laptop below:
- You can email us on email@example.com to let us know you will be using the BSL interpreter
- Please arrive 5 minutes early so we can promote you to Panellist (without camera or microphone)
- You can pin the BSL interpreter’s window so they are always on screen. To do this, hover your mouse over the BSL interpreter’s window and click on the Pin Icon which appears in the corner.