What we’re looking for
Are you an articulate and enthusiastic communicator, and a real people person? Do you have a passion for the arts? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Philanthropy Officer to join our Advancement Team.
What you need to know
Our vacancy is for a Philanthropy Officer to work as part of the Advancement Team to generate significant income from private patrons and Friends; by strengthening and building upon existing relationships and by identifying, researching and strategically cultivating prospects.
In a nutshell, this role is best suited to someone who has:
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills.
- Experience of raising money from individuals, ideally within the cultural sector and with a proven track record.
It’s a permanent role:
- Salary is £25,000 pa dependant on experience.
- The role is full-time, around 35 hours per week.
- The role is primarily based in our Glasgow HQ with requirements to tour around the UK.
- We offer great benefits including a competitive pension package, life assurance, 25 days of annual leave (plus an additional 9 Scottish public holidays), retailer discounts and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Who we are
Scotland’s national dance company. We’re based in Glasgow and perform on stage and screen, nationally and internationally, promoting Scotland’s pioneering spirit far and wide. As well as bold new versions of the classics and ground-breaking commissions, Scottish Ballet runs an extensive community engagement programme fostering wellbeing and encouraging creativity through dance. Find out more about us here.
Scottish Ballet welcomes applications from all communities and backgrounds; building a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland.
About the role
This role is based in the Advancement Team, reporting to the Director of Philanthropy.
Job description outlining key responsibilities available below.
How to apply
Tell us why you want this job and why you think you’d be brilliant at it. Along with this cover letter, we’ll need your CV detailing any relevant skills, qualifications, or experience, plus the details of two professional referees (who will only be contacted if you are offered the position).
Send these to email@example.com by 5 pm on 27 September 2021.