What we’re looking for
Any and all experience you can bring to this role, whether that’s volunteering, lived experience, work experience or in academic environments is valuable. No matter your experience level or qualifications, we want to hear from you if you think the job’s right for you.
We especially welcome applications from the LGBTQ+ community, disabled people, Black, Brown and Asian people, and people from Gypsy, Roma & Traveller communities.
In a nutshell, this role is best suited to someone who has:
- exceptional communication skills;
- experience publishing creative online content on behalf of an organisation or brand;
- an active interest in the news and online trends, with good knowledge of the UK arts and media landscape.
What you need to know
We are seeking a Communications Officer to manage our social media presence and contribute to our external communications strategy.
- it’s a fixed-term role for 12 months. This is because we’re going through a lot of changes in this area and want to be flexible about the future development of roles, but there is potential that this could be extended and/or become a permanent role;
- the role is part-time, around 21 hours per week. Hours can be flexible;
- the role is ideally based primarily in our Glasgow HQ, but remote working is possible;
- salary is £25,000 pro rata;
- we offer great benefits including a competitive pension package, life assurance, 25 days of annual leave (plus an additional 8 Scottish public holidays), retailer discounts and a cycle to work scheme.
Who we are
Scottish Ballet, Scotland’s national dance company for over 50 years. Based in Glasgow, we perform regularly across Scotland, throughout the UK and internationally – promoting Scotland’s pioneering spirit far and wide. Under CEO/Artistic Director Christopher Hampson, Scottish Ballet presents bold, adventurous performances rooted in strong classical technique, usually accompanied by the Scottish Ballet Orchestra. The company’s broad repertoire includes new versions of the classics and ground-breaking commissions, both on stage and screen. We also run an extensive engagement programme, tailored to the needs of diverse communities, promoting confidence, fostering wellbeing, and encouraging creativity through dance.
About the role
This role is based in the Brand, Audience & Digital team (click here to check out our team) and reports into the Press & Communications Manager. The main responsibilities are:
- to create, coordinate and deliver engaging social media, blog and website content;
- to coordinate and publish news & announcements, managing our external communications calendar;
- to provide digital customer service on behalf of Scottish Ballet, responding to comments, questions and feedback from our online community;
- to assist with press and media relations, preparing communications packs and facilitating interviews & photo/filming opportunities.
How to apply
Tell us why you want this job and why you think you’d be brilliant at it. Along with this cover letter, we’ll need your CV detailing any relevant skills, qualifications or experience, plus the details of two professional referees (who will only be contacted if you are offered the position).
Send these firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 June 2021 at 10am.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Charlene on 0141 3316250 or on the email address above.