What we’re looking for
Are you a champion of maintaining building excellence, do you have extensive experience working in an building operations role with regard to facilities, repairs and maintenance and Health & Safety?
Applications from the LGBTQ+ community, disabled people, Black, Brown and Asian people, and people from Gypsy, Roma & Traveller communities are welcome.
In a nutshell, this role is best suited to someone who has:
- proven proactive planning skills;
- extensive experience in a building and facilities maintenance role;
- proficient in health & safety current legislation and risk assessment skills;
- a strong sense of pride in professional endeavours;
- a ‘can do’ attitude.
What you need to know
Our vacancy is for a Buildings Operations Officer to be responsible for the building maintenance and repairs at Scottish Ballet, ensuring that it is a safe and secure environment for all employees and visitors.
- this is a permanent role;
- the role is part-time, around 30 hours per week. Hours can be flexible;
- the role is based in our Glasgow HQ;
- we offer great benefits including a competitive pension package, life assurance, 25 days of annual leave (plus an additional 8 Scottish public holidays), retailer discounts and a cycle to work scheme
Who we are
Scottish Ballet, Scotland’s national dance company for over 50yrs. Based in Glasgow, we perform regularly across Scotland, throughout the UK and internationally – promoting Scotland’s pioneering spirit far and wide. Under CEO/Artistic Director Christopher Hampson, Scottish Ballet presents bold, adventurous performances rooted in strong classical technique, usually accompanied by the Scottish Ballet Orchestra. The company’s broad repertoire includes new versions of the classics and ground-breaking commissions, both on stage and screen. We also run an extensive engagement programme, tailored to the needs of diverse communities, promoting confidence, fostering wellbeing, and encouraging creativity through dance.
About the role
This role is based in the Finance & Operations team, click here to check out our team. (hyperlink at here to website) and reports into the Finance & Operations Director. The main responsibilities are:
- oversee all building operations and repairs and maintenance at Scottish Ballet, providing proactive and planned solutions appropriate to the smooth operation of all activities;
- align building maintenance and fixtures & equipment replacement in line with the building’s lifecycle plan and associated budgets;
- oversee key aspects of daily Health & Safety for the Company, in line with current legislation and best practice.
How to apply
Tell us why you want this job and why you think you’d be brilliant at it. Along with this cover letter, we’ll need your CV detailing any relevant skills, qualifications, or experience, plus the details of two professional referees (who will only be contacted if you are offered the position).
Send these to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 June 2021. Any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Charlene on 0141 3316250 or on the email address above.