If you are a dancer and are interested in joining Scottish Ballet, then keep an eye out for any forthcoming details of auditions, which will be posted here.
The company holds auditions in Glasgow usually every two years for various levels and the auditions are open to all classically trained dancers.
Dancers are welcome to audition from across the world.
Artists should send the following for consideration:
- Full CV giving details of nationality and professional training and experience
- a short film with no introduction or complex editing, consisting of the following performed in tight-fitting dance/sportswear:
- a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in soft shoes by male applicants and pointe shoes by female applicants
- 3-5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a head shot
- 2-3 dance photos demonstrating the dancer's body proportions and line
Applications are accepted throughout the year, whether we have places are not at a particular time. Artists whom the Artistic Director wishes to see will be invited to join a company class.
To enquire further about auditioning for Scottish Ballet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also send a CV to Scottish Ballet, Tramway, 25 Albert Drive, Glasgow, G41 2PE.
Please note that we will not accept any applications sent through as a zip file.
Scottish Ballet endorses the International Audition Pre-Selection (IAP) Guidelines.