These shortbread biscuits can be made into witches’ fingers to decorate and dip into sticky sauces like chocolate spread or peanut butter!
ADULT SUPERVISION NEEDED
- 50g caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Chocolate spread/peanut butter to decorate and serve
- Small sweets/chocolate chips/raisins to decorate
- Preheat 180?C/Gas Mark 4 (160?C/Gas Mark 3 for fan ovens)
- Put a layer of Greaseproof paper on a baking tray and rub the butter on top ready for the Fingers to go on.
- Remember to wash your hands and put on an apron!
Step 1: Break up the butter into small chunks in a mixing bowl. Add the caster sugar and plain flour bit by bit, mixing with your fingers until it feels like breadcrumbs.
Step 2: Add the milk and knead it all together until it comes into one big ball of dough. Cover the dough and put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
Step 3: After the dough has chilled, take it out and knead it on a floured surface until it is smooth and stretchy
Step 4: Cut out the Finger shapes and use a toothpick to poke some small holes in the shape of a finger nail at one end.
Step 5: Put the Shortbread on the baking tray and into the oven. They will take about 15 minutes to bake. Once they are done, leave them for at least 10 minutes to cool on a wire rack.
Step 6: Put a small drop of chocolate spread or peanut butter in the fingernail shape, and use it to stick on any small sweets/chocolate chips as if your witch has painted her fingernails with yummy treats. You can use the fingers to dip into any leftover chocolate spread as well…